Story Idea or News Tip?
We are always on the lookout for a good story! If something is happening at your academy or school that you would like us to know about, fill out this form.
We’re living in a time when kindness goes a very long way in demonstrating our empathy and friendship to others. After a turbulent year, young students are eager to get back into the classroom and interact with their peers.
Like so many things to come from 2020 and 2021, the summer season should still be considered an unprecedented time—one that parents should consider carefully as they prepare their children to engage in their summer activities, including social or development groups, summer school, camp, and others.
The Pentecost tradition marks a very special time for Christians around the world, both historically and spiritually. In the weeks that followed the ascension of Jesus into Heaven, his apostles looked forward to the arrival of the Holy Spirit to guide them in their faith in his physical absence.
The Ascension of Jesus is an essential event to our faith as Catholics, and it represents so much more than the physical departure of Jesus from Earth to Heaven.
As Catholics, our faith is what bonds us together and keeps us grounded in our shared loved of Christ. Through our families and our communities, we grow even stronger in our faith, fostering communities and relationships with the principles and teachings of Christ at their foundation.
The weeks leading up to Easter Sunday are a holy period that invites you to celebrate the resurrection of Christ and revel in the love of our family and closest friends. This year, our Easter celebrations must happen a bit differently.
Captain Barrington Irving is in the Guinness Book of World Records for the being the youngest pilot and first black man to fly solo around the world.
Reflection is so important to the growth of any child, but especially after the unprecedented events of last year and the beginning of 2021
In today’s world, the hustle and bustle of our daily lives can feel overwhelming—so much so that we can lose sight of the things that matter most to us, including our faith. When we and our family’s schedules become too full to incorporate the daily spiritual practices of prayer, reflection, and meditation—elements of our faith that are so central to…
This is a joyous celebration in Catholic education, when we take time out of our busy day-to-day schedules to pause and think about the blessings our Catholic Academies and Parish Schools provide to our families.
In The News
- NYC mayor says low enrollment in public schools is temporary – New York Daily News (nydailynews.com)
- OLBS sees 12.5 percent rise in registration | North/Northeast Queens News | qchron.com
- Aumenta alumnado en escuelas católicas en Brooklyn y Queens (ny1noticias.com)
- Catholic Schools Are Beating Covid – WSJ
- St Brigid-St Frances Cabrini Catholic Academy Creates Tech Savvy Kids With Game Coding Project – NET TV (netny.tv)
- Catholic Schools in Queens and Brooklyn Lose UPK Programs (ny1.com)
- Our Lady of Grace Catholic Academy Stops the Spread of Bullying During the Pandemic – NET TV (netny.tv)
- Queens Catholic schools see enrollment increase during COVID pandemic — Queens Daily Eagle (queenseagle.com)
- Catholic Schools in Brooklyn See Increased Enrollment amid COVID-19 – Catholic Herald
- NYC Catholic schools in session while pandemic closes public schools | Angelus News
- NYC Catholic schools to remain open despite public schools shutdown – QNS.com